June 16, 2004

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been...

From the Editor's Laptop:

Happy birthday, Truckin'! I never thought I'd make it this far. And now, I hope I'll never stop. There were some high points and some low points over the past 24 months. For a while, I was the only writer and there were only six readers. Today, I am pleased to say that Truckin' is reaching new readers everyday.

I have to thank everyone involved, from the readers to my friends who help promote this site by telling their friends, or fowarding the monthly e-mails to their co-workers, or for bloggers who link up my site and stories. Your efforts are well noted and I am forever in your debt.

Thanks to all of the writers who shared their blood work and trusted me with their stories. It's not as easy as you think. Writing is tough work. And all of the writers who send me their stories, each inspire me in some way. Thanks for that, guys. Thanks also to Jessica, Truckin's assistant editor, who shoulders most of the grunt work every month.

I hope you'll be back next. Again, as always I ask the readers that if you like these stories, then please tell your friends about your favorites. It takes a few seconds to pass along the URL or the monthly e-mail. I certainly appreciate your help, and I know all the other writers do as well. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you know anyone who is interested in being added to the mailing list.

Thanks again for all your support. I am grateful that you wasted your time with my site. Until next time.

Salukis,
McG

"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski

No comments: