May 19, 2005

May 2005, Vol. 4, Issue 5

1. Hill Jack by Tenzin McGrupp
Welcome to Indiana, Doc. By the end of the night you'll get piss drunk, get in a fight, and fuck a fat chick in order to fully absorb the Southern Indiana Hill Jack experience... More

2. Members Only by BG
I saw him another aisle down, still no basket, still no cart, collecting another toothpick bearing Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. I don't think he noticed I was watching him. Not yet, at least... More

3. The Conquering Hero By Joe Speaker
The region is well known for a certain delicacy. An aphrodisiac, some say, which neither of us had ever eaten. Our search brought us to this crowded restaurant, where we found them. Splashed all over the menu. Huitres. Oysters.... More

4. Cleotis by Bob Respert
Cleotis lived in a small town, he hung out at the bowling alley every waking moment, and he was the best in his town at a game you played inside those walls. No, I'm not talking about bowling. I'm talking about Dance Dance Revolution... More

5. Dying to Tell You This by Tom Love
I know that Debby was fairly calm when she discovered my body later that day. She's like that in an emergency. She felt me, cold and stiff, checked my pulse and then called 911. She had already been through this one time before... More

6. Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Sigge S. Amdal
If you, on the other hand, were actually invited to a party... then you should probably get a lot of drinks so you don't overheat on a probability high, and don't worry about hangovers since you probably don't exist in the first place... More

7. Existentialist Conversations with Strippers, Part II by Tenzin McGrupp
There's something very sexy, yet surreal, when a naked woman debates Heidegger with you while you desperately try to drown out a Britney Spears song that's blasting in the background... More


What a Long Strange Trip It's Been...

From the Editor's Laptop:

Thanks for returning back for the latest issue of my literary blogzine. This one represents some of their best work to date from a collection of returning authors. Joe Speaker is the newest addition to the staff and I'm happy to say that it looks like he's going to be contributing to future issues. Bob Respert has a hilarious story and his brother, BG, returns with an amazing tale. Our favorite Norwegian writer, Sigge Amdal, is back with another philosophical dialogue. I wrote a bit about my recent trip to Southern Indiana, along with Part II of my strippers project

Thanks to everyone who shared their bloodwork this month. I always say that the other contributing authors inspire me, because it's true. You guys write for free and if I could pay you, I would. Your time and effort is worth more money than I can ever afford to pay.

I ask that if you like these stories, then please do me and the rest of the writers a huge favor: Tell your friends about your favorite stories. It takes a few seconds to pass along the URL. I certainly appreciate your support. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you know anyone who is interested in being added to the mailing list.

Thanks again. I am grateful that you wasted your time with my site. Until next time.

Salukis,
McG

"We're clever and we're clueless." - Jack Johnson

No comments: