November 26, 2002

November 2002 (Vol.1, Issue 6)

Welcome to Truckin' my monthly E-Zine. This month's issue includes another Subway Story from me, as well as a few recycled Best of Blogs... featuring S.P.U.D. and Labor Day. Our favorite writer, Armando Huerta has recently moved to Greece and shares a cool South American experience. We have two NaNoWriMo Novel samples. November is National Novel Writing Month and this issue includes excerpts from Mona LaVigne who wrote Gysana, an odd erotic story. And take a peek of my selection from my first completed novel: Jack Tripper Stole My Dog. So sit back, relax, enjoy, and spread the word! Thanks for all your support! Salukis, McG

1. November Subway Stories by Tenzin McGrupp
Tuesday Morning 11.5.02... I sat in the far corner of the subway and scribbled through a few pages of my novel that I printed out just before I left my studio... More

2. NaNoWriMo: Gysana: the Novel by Mona LaVigne
…Angelica lit a cigarette. "I, uh, I know you and I have not gotten along all that well over the last year or so. I mean, we have our good moments, for sure, but you know what I mean. We have not had exactly the most friendly relationship. But, I, um, I just want to tell you that I am really grateful to have you around. Gysana…" More

3. NaNoWriMo: Jack Tripper Stole My Dog by Tenzin McGrupp
The flask, nearly 90 years old, originally belonged to a local county Sheriff in Mississippi who was bootlegging moonshine back in the days of prohibition. The flask used to ride shotgun with him as he, and the help of local Klansman, busted up make shift bathtub gins and strong armed rival bootleggers... More

4. Different Customs by Armando Huerta
As an international mutt moving around from country to country on average every three years it has always been an effort for me to say where I am from. Despite my passport since birth, growing up in various countries makes the question of what country in this world I would truly call home a challenge I have yet to overcome... More

5. Flutterbys by Tenzin McGrupp
The unsympathetic flock of butterflies that gregariously invaded her stomach late last night drowned out the somber fall of rain, as it tickled the ill mannered ground with multiple drops of water. As she hastily attempted to light her cigarette, the stifling wind challenged her every time... More

6. Kiss by Mona LaVigne
I watched the neon light flashing, methodical in strict illumination. People walking by, going home to their swank Union Square walk-ups, passing under the brilliant sign, not noticing. How could they miss it? How could they take such a nifty little “one-two-three-four-blinkblinkblink” thing for granted? I certainly couldn’t... More

7. S.P.U.D. by Tenzin McGrupp
We used to play this game called S.P.U.D. and I would throw this ball really high into the air and sometimes the ball would never come down and when that happens it would always be the same situation. The feverish anarchists would cry for their complacent mothers, while the religious right would mutter the WASPy names of their spoiled children, when in doubt, call for your suburban family... More

8. Labor Day by Tenzin McGrupp
2 Sept 2002... It's Labor Day so the empty subway cars would have indicated to me early this morning, when on a Monday unlike any Monday, but today Labor Day, is a wet, cold, and rainy day which welcomed me to an empty subway car and a seat on the A-Train... More